ISO/IEC 27001 is the international standard that provides the basis for effective management of confidential and sensitive information and the application of information security controls. It helps you stop hackers and stop being hacked.
We are Australian Owned and operated and our certified experts also write the course that you will learn from .
We are a Globally accredited Authorized Training Organization Via EXIN. Please see our accreditation here.
The EXIN Information Security Foundation is a relevant certification for all professionals who work with confidential information. It explains the concept, value, and importance of information security as well as the threats and risks.
This foundation-level certification is suitable for all professionals who deal with information, especially confidential information. It creates a solid basis to pursue a higher level certification on the subject of Information Security.
The course for the Information Security Foundation based on ISO/IEC 27001 is intended for everyone in the organization who is processing information. The modules are also suitable for entrepreneurs of small independent businesses for whom some basic knowledge of information security is necessary.
These modules can be a good start for new information security professionals.
All full paying students get access to the following:
- Access to the ISO27001 Foundation Course via the Elearning platform
- 1 x PDF student manual (Upon request)
- Access to award winning Champions portal for self-assessment (Premium content)
- Access to all additional resources, mock exams, additional readings, and handouts (PDF format)
- Pre exam coaching, tips and tricks review session (30 mins)
- Access to certified Expert via online forum and LMS support
- Participation in this course gives you discounts on all other courses
ISO/IEC 27001 is the most widely recognised international standard specifically aimed at information security management.
- A globally-accepted best-practice framework for the protection
of information assets
- Assurance to external customers who increasingly are demanding evidence of security and compliance.
ISO27001 Foundation has been designed to help organisations meet the increasing demand from the current complex cyber security challenges.
The benefits for you to move to ISO27001 Foundation are:
- Keeping your cuber security skills up to date
- Use the latest knowledge to save money and time at work
- Better understand the current concepts used by Best in Class service providers (Dell, HP, Microsoft, Amazon, Google)
This course pricing includes the ITIL 4 Foundation Certificate Exam after completion of the course. It is a 60 minute exam, with 40 multiple choice questions and a pass mark of 65%. Free access to the award winning Champions assessment tool, as well as practice exam papers are provided. We have certified experts who will sit down and review any of your concerns to help assist in preparation. The exam is online and the results will be available immediately. You can choose to the do the exam in the classroom or remotely form your home.
*Take2 exam voucher – read more
> Introduction to ISO 27001 – Outlines the overall course and what to expect during the modules at a high level
> Module 1 Information & Security
Information and security: the concept, the value, the importance and the reliability of information;
> Module 2 Threats & Risks
Threats and risks: the concepts of threat and risk and the relationship with the reliability of information
> Module 3 Approach & Organisation
Approach and organization: the security policy and security organization including the components of the security organization and management of (security) incidents
> Module 4 Measures
Measures: the importance of security measures including physical, technical and organizational measures
> Module 5 Legislation & Regulation
Legislation and regulations: the importance and impact of legislation and regulations
After completing this ISO27001 foundation training course, students will:
- Learn about best practice in Information Security Management and apply this within your organisation.
- Realise the scope and purpose of the standard and how it can be implemented within an organisation.
- Understand the key terms and definitions used in ISO/IEC 27001 to effectively roll out the principles.
- Leverage the fundamental ISO/IEC 27001 requirements for an ISMS to address the need to continually improve.
- Recognise the purpose of internal audits and external certification audits, their operation and the associated terminology.
The supply of this course by ACG is governed by the booking terms and conditions. Please read the terms and conditions carefully before enrolling in this course, as enrollment in the course is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions.
See what our customers have said about us