Please note: An ITIL 4 Foundation certification is a prerequisite for studying Incident Management.
The ITIL 4 Practitioner: Incident Management practice module is for IT professionals who are involved in minimizing the negative impact of incidents by restoring normal service operations as quickly as possible.
This module focuses on providing the candidates with an understanding of the key concepts, principles, values, and challenges of the Incident Management Practice. It is intended to provide candidates with best-practice guidance at both strategic and operational levels on how to minimize the negative impact of incidents by restoring normal service operations as quickly as possible.
The ITIL 4 Incident Management Practice module is structured and aligned around the ITIL framework. The examination is intended to assess whether the candidate can demonstrate sufficient understanding and application of the concepts covered in the ITIL 4 Incident Management Practice publication.
This course will help you to:
- Coordinate incident handling in the organization or in a specific area, such as territory, product, or technology, depending on the organizational design
- Monitor and review the work of teams that handle and resolve incidents
- Coordinate manual work with incidents, especially those involving multiple teams
- Ensure sufficient awareness of the incidents and their status across the organization
- Conduct regular incident reviews and initiate improvements in the incident management practice, the incident models, and the incident handling procedures
- Measure, assess, and develop the Incident Management practice capability in your organization by using the ITIL Maturity Model.
- 20 questions
- Multiple choice
- 13 out of 20 marks required to pass (65%)
- 30 minutes
- Closed book.